To provide a child friendly environment conducive to pediatric research.
Providing faculty of the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UTHSCSA), Department of Pediatrics with a child friendly environment to:
- Promote clinical research for the children of South Texas.
- Provide infrastructure to allow full range of pediatric trials, including those involving ill children.
- Offer an environment catering to the unique needs of children and their families.
- Consolidate currently duplicated resources and effort.
- Provide the infrastructure and administrative expertise for the development of new projects especially by new investigators.
|Robin Tragus, RN, MSN||Research Nurse Supervisor, UTHSCSA|
|Jannine Cody, PhD||Scientific Director|
|Daniel Hale, MD||Medical Director|
|Ann Kruger, RN, MBA||Administrator, Dept. of Pediatrics|
|Dana Word, RN|
The staff can provide assistance with a variety of clinical and administrative needs such as:
- Research Nursing support,
- Collection of study data and biological samples
- Completion of case report forms
- Lab sample processing and shipping,
- Investigational drug storage at room temperature, and 2-8oC
- Institutional approvals and monitoring for compliance
- Institutional Review Board
- Facility utilization review
- Budget preparation
- Financial tracking
- Billing for procedures
- Patient incentives
- Informed consenting
- Budgeting and negotiation
- Account management
- Agreement/ Contract Review